Section Meetings FY 2018-2019
Meetings will be held at the office of Young Conway Stargatt & Taylor on the following dates and times:
March 20, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
April 17, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
May 15, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
June 19, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
Members may participate by telephone by using the teleconference dial-in number provided in advance of each meeting.
July 18, 2018
August 15, 2018
September 19, 2018
October 17, 2018
November 14, 2018
December 19, 2018
January 16, 2019
February 20, 2019
The Kimmel-Thynge Award
Each year, the section solicits nominations from the entire Bar to nominate someone who is an excellent ADR Practioner (arbitrator or mediator).
The ADR Section created this award in honor of Morton Richard Kimmel and Chief Magistrate Judge Thynge’s contributions to the development of alternative dispute resolution in Delaware. Specifically, Mr. Kimmel is credited as one of the initial proponents of the adoption of mandatory arbitration in the Superior Court of the State of Delaware. Similarly, Chief Magistrate Judge Thynge is known for her development and management of the alternative dispute resolution program within the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, and having acted as mediator in thousands of matters over her tenure as a Magistrate Judge. Award recipients will be persons who embody Mr. Kimmel and Chief Magistrate Judge Thynge’s enthusiasm for alternative dispute resolution, and whose contributions to the development of alternative dispute resolution are worthy of recognition.
2019 Morton R. Kimmel (posthumously) & Hon. Mary Pat Thynge
Recent Section-Sponsored Publications (available for download from DSBA):
- Recent Developments Concerning Enforcement Of ADR Provisions, Delaware Law Review, Vol. 15, Number 1.
Recent Section-Sponsored CLE Courses (available for viewing through DSBA):
- ADR: Getting to Settled 2018 (3.0 hours CLE credit, including 1.0 hour Enhanced Ethics credit)
- Arbitration Rule 16.1: The Comeback…Bench and Bar 2018 (1.5 hours CLE credit, including 1.5 Enhanced Ethics credits)
- Arbitration Training and Certification as a Family Law Arbitrator 2018 (2.0 hours CLE credit)
- Current Trends in Alternative Dispute Resolution 2018 (3.0 hours CLE credit)
- Ethics in Arbitration: 2018 (1.0 hours CLE credit, including 1.0 hour Enhanced Ethics)
- Ethics in Mediation: 2018 (1.0 hours CLE credit, including 1.0 hour Enhanced Ethics)
- Arbitration Training and Certification in Commercial Law 2017 (2.0 hours CLE credit)
- Arbitration Training and Certification in Employment and Labor Law 2017 (2.0 hours CLE credit)
- Arbitration Training and Certification in Personal Injury Law 2017 (2.0 hours CLE credit)
- Superior Court Mediation Training at the DSBA – A 6-Hour Refresher Seminar 2017 (6.0 hours CLE credit)
Superior Court Mediation Training and DSBA Arbitration Training:
For information regarding Sections, please contact LaTonya Tucker
, Director of Bar Services and Membership.
Changes to the Section’s webpage must be sent to WebsiteUpdates@dsba.org