The general purposes of the Section, as set forth in its Bylaws, are to further the objectives of the Delaware State Bar Association (the “DSBA”), further the interests of attorneys, judges and members of the community of diverse ethnic backgrounds, foster communication and understanding among diverse groups within both the legal and greater community, encourage the public service rendered by its Members and promote the professional development and interests of its Members.
Important Resources & Links
|Chair||Wilson A. Gualpa, Esq.|
|Vice-Chair||Loren Holland, Esq.|
|Vice-Chair, Legislative Affairs & Community Relations||Nicole M. Mozee, Esq.|
|Vice-Chair, Public Relations||Alberto E. Chavez, Esq.|
|Vice-Chair, Law School Outreach||Paige C. Chapman, Esq.|
|Vice-Chair, Special Events||Olufunke O. Leroy, Esq.|
|Secretary||Caneel Radinson-Blasucci, Esq.|
|Financial Secretary||The Honorable Monica A. Horton|
|Tabatha L. Castro|
Schedule of Events & Meetings
- General Body Meeting – April 4, 2019, Noon at the DSBA. Special Guest: Delaware Attorney General Kathleen M. Jennings, Esq.
- MJL Supplemental Bar Program: Every Thursday from 6-8PM from May 21, 2020 to July 18, 2020 at the Delaware Law School. Application is available * here *.
Current Projects & Activities
- On May 27, 2020, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., the Multicultural Judges and Lawyers Section (“MJL Section”) of the Delaware State Bar Association will hold its annual Judge Haile L. Alford Memorial Breakfast at the DuPont Country Club, 1001 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE 19803 . The event is held in honor of Haile L. Alford, the first African-American female judge in the State of Delaware. Judge Alford was appointed by Governor Mike Castle in 1992 and served on the bench until her untimely death in 2003 at the age of 54. During the Alford Memorial Breakfast, the MJL Section intends to grant the Alford Excellence Award to at least three future attorneys who will sit for the July 2020 Delaware Bar Examination. Please click on the links below for the Scholarship Award application instructions and sponsorship information.
- 2020 Alford Excellence Award Application & Instructions
- 2020 Haile L. Alford Memorial Breakfast Sponsorship Information
Completed Projects & Past Events
- General Body Meeting – February 21, 2019; Special Guest: Hon. Lisa Blunt Rochester, U.S. House of Representative from Delaware
- September 29, 2016, 6:00 p.m.– MJL Kick-Off Meeting
Location: Merchant Bar
- October, 2016 – 2nd Annual Beginner’s Golf Outing
- October 20, 2016, 6:00 p.m. – Annual New Admittee Bar Toast Event
Location: University & Whist Club
- December 2016, 6:00 p.m. – Holiday Networking Mixer/Toy Drive
MJL welcomes new members. If you would like to join the MJL Section, please contact LaTonya Tucker, Director of Bar Services and Membership.