The DSBA Ethics Committee is NOT an arm of the Supreme Court of Delaware but works closely with the Office of Disciplinary Counsel (“ODC”).
ODC offers a number of resources for assisting attorneys with legal ethics questions and concerns:
ETHICS HOTLINE –
ODC provides informal non-binding guidance to a lawyer regarding compliance with the Rules.
To use the hotline, one must:
- CONTACT ODC (click HERE) for that office’s website and contact info.
- ADVISE THE RECEPTIONIST that you are making a hotline call.
OR CONTACT THE HOTLINE EMAIL AT: ARMS_ODC_EHOTLINE@delaware.gov
The request for guidance:
- should RELATE to a lawyer’s contemplated PROSPECTIVE conduct.
- is NOT seeking legal advice.
- does NOT create attorney-client relationship.
- is CONFIDENTIAL but a lawyer may waive confidentiality in any subsequent, related disciplinary matter in which that lawyer is a disciplinary respondent.
- is bound by Administrative Directive No. 188
ODC FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FORMAL COMPLAINTS TO ODC –
If one is filing a formal complaint about an attorney, one should access the ODC webpage by clicking below and following the instructions on that page.
NOTE: Any complaint involving a fee dispute could be handled by the DSBA Fee Dispute Committee.