The Delaware State Bar Association offers a variety of seminars
for the continued professional development of its members.
FUNDAMENTALS SCHEDULE FOR 2017 (Registration forms will be available below, as they become available):
- Fundamentals of Real Estate – February 15, 2017
- Fundamentals of Criminal Law and Procedure – March 15, 2017
- Fundamentals of Will Drafting and Estate Administration – April 18, 2017
- Fundamentals of Law Practice Management and Technology – May 10, 2017
- Fundamentals of Civil Litigation – June 1, 2017
- Fundamentals of Family Law – TBA
- Fundamentals of Lawyer-Client Relations – TBA
Thursday, September 13, 2018
Movie Night at DSBA 2018 - Confirmation (NEW DATE)
1.0 hour CLE credit
In the movie, "Confirmation," Judge Clarence Thomas's nomination to the United States Supreme Court is called into question when Anita Hill, a former colleague, testifies that he sexually harassed her. In the wake of the sexual abuse scandals coming out of Hollywood, the political arena, the media, the literary world, and the hospitality industry, this movie cannot be more timely. Social media is abuzz with #metoo and unwanted sexual conduct can lead to legal ramifications. Toward the end of the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, sexual harassment allegations by Anita Hill, a law professor who had previously worked under Thomas at the United States Department of Education and then at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), were leaked to the media from a confidential FBI report. The allegations led to a media frenzy and further investigations. Televised hearings were re-opened and held by the Senate Judiciary Committee before the nomination was moved to the full Senate for a vote. Thomas was confirmed by a narrow majority of 52 to 48.
Adding to Cart...