NEWS & LINKS
We will try to keep this up-to-date as we navigate the current situation.
There is nothing more powerful than people supporting each other and bearing a crisis together. Together, we are strong.
COVID-19 RELEVANT NEWS
- The Governor has postponed the Delaware Primary to June 2. see this and other new delays in punitive actions such as evictions HERE
- The Courts have closed for all but emergency matters until April 15. See Chief Justice’s new directive HERE.
- The Federal Courthouse has CLOSED.
- The Governor has ordered a lock-in for all non-essential activity. Legal services have been deemed essential.
- The CLE Commission has waived live CLE requirements for all attorneys attempting to complete 2019 CLE requirements. This does not currently affect compliance periods ending in December 2020. Your transcript verification is extended and now due by 4/30/20, your completion of the make up plan is extended and now due by 5/31/20 and your report of completion is now due 6/15/20. We don’t have information yet on other extensions or relaxing of live requirements in Delaware right now but will let you know once we know.
- The Pennsylvania CLE Commission similarly has extended the deadline for April 30 compliance to August 31, 2020. No other deadlines were changed.
- Clerkship requirements for law students have not been reduced or amended. The Board of Bar Examiners will keep an eye on this crisis and may change rules, but for now, they advise that prospective attorneys have until December to complete these requirements.
- CLEs. While many live CLE events have been suspended, members may watch numerous online video CLEs (currently discounted 10%) at www.dsba.org/cle. Remember, you may watch 12 hours of your 24 hours on video.
- Webinar on Providing Remote Legal Services to Older Adults – Wed., March 25, 2020. 11 am. REGISTER HERE
- Email DSBA. Please know that as a member of this organization, you can always ask us to find out information for you. Just email and we’ll do our best!
- CLE Commission Rules
- Delaware Department of Health & Social Services HHS website offers a response to COVID-19.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Q&A for the virus.
- City of Wilmington – Extension for filing of Net Profit Taxes – No penalty between April 15 and July 15.
- USI Insurance – Preparedness and Risk Mitigation Brochure
- Judiciary’s Response to COVID 19
- ALL COURTS
- SUPREME COURT –
- COURT OF CHANCERY –
- SUPERIOR COURT –
- FAMILY COURT –
- COURT OF COMMON PLEAS –
- JP COURTS –
- BANKRUPTCY COURT –
- REGISTER OF WILLS – see office statement – HERE
- INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT BOARD (IAB) – Notice – HERE ; Third Order – HERE
- ‘DELAWARE ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS – Guidelines for Practice during this epidemic and deadline changes – HERE
- Governor of Delaware John Carney’s Response Delawareans with questions about COVID-19 or their exposure risk can call the Division of Public Health’s Coronavirus Call Center at 1-866-408-1899 or 711 for people who are hearing impaired from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, or email DPHCall@delaware.gov
- List of Restaurants doing take-out statewide (NewsJournal)
DSBA, in partnership with DE-LAP, can help.
In this period of monumental change, both professionally and personally, The Delaware Lawyers Assistance Program (DE-LAP) understands that the legal culture is often resistant in asking for help.
For that reason, the Delaware Lawyers Assistance Program (DE-LAP) together with The Delaware Lawyers Assistance Fund (DELAF) have developed a FREE, CONFIDENTIAL call-in service for Delaware’s legal professionals. This service is a free and confidential way for Delaware Judges, Lawyers and Legal Professionals to discuss your own anxieties with DE-LAP’S CORE TEAM of licensed, health-care professionals during this coronavirus crises and time of upheaval.
If you, or someone you know, needs to just talk – please take advantage of DE-LAP’s new, mental health call-in service to our team of licensed health-care professionals, designed especially for the legal culture.
Call the DE-LAP CORE LICENSED TEAM DIRECTLY, or for more information call DE-LAP’s confidential line (302) 777-0124 or e-mail email@example.com
DE-LAP’S CORE LICENSED TEAM IS:
Dr. Sarah Falgowski, M.D.
Delaware Psychiatry and Wellness
1500 Shallcross Avenue,
Wilmington, DE 19806
Phone: (302) 588-2680
Fax: (302) 202-3239
Rich Lombino, Esq, LCSW
Therapist & Lawyer
Lombino Counseling LLC
1521 Concord Pike, Suite 301
Wilmington, DE 19803
Phone: (302) 273-0700
Fax: (302) 273-0605
Alice R. O’Brien, MS, NCC, LPCMH
Counseling at Sussex Cottage
4800 Lancaster Pike
WIlmington, DE 19807
Phone: (302) 521-3859
OTHER DE-LAP RESOURCES:
We Do Together What Need Not Be Done Alone!
Carol P. Waldhauser, Executive Director
The Delaware Lawyers Assistance Program
405 N. King Street, Suite 100B
Wilmington, DE 19801
Cell: (410) 409-8874
DE-LAP is a Confidential, Free, Non-Judgmental Service Just for Delaware Lawyers and Judges
CHECK IT OUT ON YOUR PHONE, TABLET OR COMPUTER, DE-LAP’S NEW WEBSITE AT SAME ADDRESS: WWW.DE-LAP.ORG
FREE, CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-JUDGMENTAL, DE-LAP has assisted the Delaware Bar with quality of life and quality of professionalism issues. We Do Together What Need Not Be Done Alone!
— Carol P. Waldhauser, Executive Director