About the Young Lawyers Section
Whether you are fresh out of law school or coming to Delaware after years of practice in another jurisdiction, membership in the Young Lawyers Section allows attorneys to become acclimated to the practice of law in Delaware, meet their new colleagues, and learn about the activities of the bar association. The YLS sponsors informative seminars relevant to the issues facing attorneys new to Delaware practice, provides resources to help them establish roots in the legal community, and promotes collegiality through a variety of social gatherings in all three counties. The YLS is non-practice specific, so its events present unique opportunities to work with attorneys from all areas of the legal spectrum. So if you have been practicing for ten years or less in Delaware, we highly encourage you to join the YLS.
Vice-chair (New Castle County)
Vice-chair (Kent & Sussex County)
Meet your YLS Colleagues
|Name||Jenny R. Kasen, Esquire|
|Current Employer||Kasen & Kasen, P.C.|
|Tenure in the Delaware Bar||1.5 years|
|Admissions to Other State Bars||New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida|
|Tips, Stories or Advice for New Attorneys and/or Experienced Attorneys Newly Admitted to the Delaware Bar||Your adversaries are also your colleagues. Treat them with the courtesy and respect that you expect in return.|
|Contact Informationemail@example.com – (302) 652-3300
YLS Members in the News
- Happy Hours: Happy hours are held on the second Thursday of every month from October through June of each year. Below is the schedule for the 2015-2016 year.
- October 8 at 5:30 p.m. at FireStone Riverfront
- November 12 at 6:00 p.m. at The Green Room Bar at the Hotel du Pont
- January 14 at 6:00 p.m. at Washington Street Ale House
- February 11 at 6:00 p.m. at Tonic Bar and Grille
- March 10 at 6:00 p.m. at Trolley Tap House
- April 14 at 6:00 p.m. at FireStone Riverfront
- May 12 at 6:00 p.m. at Cafe Mezzanotte
- June 10 at 4:30 p.m. at The Green Turtle in Lewes, DE
- YLS at the Beach Happy Hour: Please join the YLS and LGBT Section of the DSBA for the final happy hour of the 2015-2016 year at The Green Turtle in Lewes, DE on June 10, 2016 from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- CLE: The YLS sponsored a CLE entitled the Fundamentals of Lawyer-Client Relations, which was held on February 25, 2015 at the DSBA offices with a live webcast at Tunnell & Raysor in Georgetown. Attendees received 4.0 hours of CLE ethics credits. The YLS looks forward to sponsoring another CLE in 2016.
- 11th Annual Art Connolly Race Judicata 5K Run Walk: The annual 5K road race to support the Delaware Law Related Education Center (DELREC) will take place on Saturday, April 2, 2016. Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. and the race will kick off at 9:00 a.m. The race will be held at Joe’s Crab Shack at the Wilmington Riverfront.
Summer Associate Judiciary Program: The program has been scheduled for July 14, 2016 from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the World Cafe Live at the Queen, 500 N. Market Street. This special event provides summer interns from firms, government agencies and non-profit organizations with an opportunity to interact with members of the Delaware judiciary and learn what makes practicing in Delaware so unique. The program consists of a one hour panel discussion and thirty minute Question and Answer session followed by a cocktail reception.
- YLS at the Beach Happy Hour: The YLS combined with the LGBT Section of the DSBA for the final happy hour of the 2014-2015 year at the Green Turtle in Lewes. Next year’s Beach Happy Hour will be June 9, 2016. Save the date!
- Third Annual Combined Campaign Cup: This golf and tennis tournament to benefit the Combined Campaign for Justice was held at the DuPont Country Club on July 27, 2015. For more information, please visit http://www.delawareccj.org/combined-campaign-cup/.
- Eighth Annual Toys for Tots Toy Drive and Happy Hour in Connection with the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program: We will be collecting new and unwrapped toys for newborns through age 12 to donate to the Toys for Tots program this holiday season.
- Date: Thursday, December 10 at 6:00 p.m.
- Location: Café Mezzanotte, 1000 N. Orange Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Check this page often for the most recent status of these events as well as new events that may be added to the calendar! The YLS also welcomes volunteers that wish to help out with any of the events listed above. Volunteering represents a good networking opportunity in addition to providing the satisfaction of knowing you contributed to very good causes. Please feel free to contact Alessandra Glorioso with any questions relating to YLS events.