The general purposes of the Section, as set forth in its Bylaws, are to further the objectives of the Delaware State Bar Association (the “DSBA”), further the interests of attorneys, judges and members of the community of diverse ethnic backgrounds, foster communication and understanding among diverse groups within both the legal and greater community, encourage the public service rendered by its Members and promote the professional development and interests of its Members.
Tabatha L. Castro
Tamika A. Crawl-Bey
Vice-Chair Legislative Affairs
Vice-Chair Community Relations
Vice-Chair Public Relations
Aman K. Sharma
Vice-Chair of Special Events
Natasha M. Songonuga
Vice-Chair of Legal Development
Danielle S. Blount
Aysha L. Gregory
Schedule of Events & Meetings
- November 21, 2014 – MJL General Body Meeting, 12:00 p.m. via teleconference
- December 18, 2014 – Networking Mixer with The Delaware Barristers Association, The Delaware Hispanic Bar Association, & The South Asian Bar Association of Delaware
Location: World Café Live
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Click here for more details
- January 30, 2015 – MJL General Body Meeting, 12:00 p.m.
Location: DSBA building,
Guest Speaker- Cynthia Primo Martin
Lunch will be provided
- February 27, 2015 – MJL General Body Meeting, 12:00 p.m. via teleconference
- March 27, 2015 – MJL General Body Meeting, 12pm
Location: DSBA building
Guest speaker to be announced
- April 24, 2015 – MJL ANNUAL MEETING, 12:00 p.m.
Location: DSBA building
Meeting to elect new board members
- May 22, 2015 – MJL General Body Meeting, 12:00 p.m. via teleconference
- June 26, 2015 – End of the year gathering at 6:00 p.m. (place TBD)
Current Projects & Activities
- FREE Wills for Seniors CLE – January 12, 2015
Time: 9:00 am to 11:00 a.m.
This CLE will prepare practitioners to draft wills and advanced healthcare directives for seniors, at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Wills for Seniors Event.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Breakfast & Wills for Seniors Event – January 19, 2014
Location: Chase Center on the Riverfront
- The Supplemental Bar Review Course will not be offered in 2015. Information regarding the 2016 course will be posted as it becomes available.
Completed Projects & Past Events
- The Judge Haile L. Alford Memorial Breakfast was successfully held on May 15, 2014
- October 24, 2014- The Path to the Judiciary (Click here to view)
- October 30, 2014- General Body Meeting followed by the Annual Bar Toast. The Bar Toast was held to celebrate the hard work of the individuals who participated in the MJL Supplemental Bar Review Course and passed the Delaware bar and to thank the mentors, graders and everyone who contributed their time to making the review course a success.
MJL welcomes new members. If you would like to join the MJL Section, please contact Janice Myrick (658-5279 x103) at the DSBA Office.