The general purposes of the Section, as set forth in its Bylaws, are to further the objectives of the Delaware State Bar Association (the “DSBA”), further the interests of attorneys, judges and members of the community of diverse ethnic backgrounds, foster communication and understanding among diverse groups within both the legal and greater community, encourage the public service rendered by its Members and promote the professional development and interests of its Members.
Vice-Chair Legislative Affairs and Community Relations
Vice-Chair Public Relations
Vice-Chair of Law School Outreach
Schedule of Events & Meetings
- May 11, 2017, 8:30 a.m. – MJL Judge Alford Memorial Breakfast
Location: DuPont Country Club, 1001 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE 19803
Current Projects & Activities
- In May 2017, the Multicultural Judges and Lawyers Section (“MJL Section”) of the Delaware State Bar Association will hold its annual Judge Haile L. Alford Memorial Breakfast. The event is held in honor of Haile L. Alford, the first African-American female judge in the State of Delaware. Judge Alford was appointed by Governor Mike Castle in 1992 and served on the bench until her untimely death in 2003 at the age of 54. During the Alford Memorial Breakfast, the MJL Section intends to grant the 2017 Alford Excellence Award to at least three future attorneys who will sit for the July 2017 Delaware Bar Examination. Please click on the links below for the Scholarship Award application instructions and sponsorship information.
Completed Projects & Past Events
- September 29, 2016, 6:00 p.m.– MJL Kick-Off Meeting
Location: Merchant Bar
- October, 2016 – 2nd Annual Beginner’s Golf Outing
- October 20, 2016, 6:00 p.m. – Annual New Admittee Bar Toast Event
Location: University & Whist Club
- December 2016, 6:00 p.m. – Holiday Networking Mixer/Toy Drive
MJL welcomes new members. If you would like to join the MJL Section, please contact LaTonya Tucker, Director of Bar Services and Membership.